OCEC Scholarship Information - DEADLINE TO APPLY is MARCH 15, 2023
The Otero County Electric Cooperative Education Foundation awards scholarships to graduating high school seniors and returning adult students who will be attending an accredited New Mexico University, College or Vocational / Technical school each year. All eligible applicants are encouraged to apply.
Higher Education Scholarship (4-year College or University undergraduate program) Vocational / Technical Certificate or Associate Degree Scholarship (2-year, accredited program)
The scholarship is $1,000 per semester for the 1st and 2nd fall and spring semesters and $1,500 per semester for the remaining six consecutive fall and spring semesters. The ability to renew the scholarship is contingent upon meeting the enrollment status and passing grade requirements as
- 4-year Undergraduate and 2-year Associate students must be enrolled full-time (12 or more credit hours) and maintain a 2.50-grade point average based on a 4.00 scale for renewal.
- Vocational / Technical students must be enrolled full-time and maintain a passing grade for renewal.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of funding availability and the applicant’s eligibility. Checks will be made payable to the school and will be distributed to the school by OCEC.
- Available to active members receiving service from Otero County Electric Cooperative, Inc. and their immediate family. (Renters are eligible and must provide proof of electric service reimbursement for 12 months.)
- Scholarship to be granted to attend an accredited New Mexico University, College or Vocational / Technical school. Applications that indicate out-of-state schools are not eligible and will not be given further consideration.
- Economic needs of the applicant will be given secondary consideration during the selection process.
- Applications must be received or postmarked no later than March 15th. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Awards will be announced within sixty (60) days of this date.
- Applicant must provide an official transcript from the school the applicant has most recently attended.
- Applicant must demonstrate a coherent degree plan and the willingness to pursue a course of higher learning. (Essay)
- Applicant must be of good character as evidenced by at least one (1) signed letter from teachers, principals, counselors, community leaders, employers, etc.
- All applicants are encouraged to provide an official test score sheet from either ACT or SAT testing if taken. Additional consideration will be given to applications with ACT or SAT scores.
- The scholarship award winner must enter college in the fall of the school year for which the scholarship is given.
Send applications for all scholarship opportunities to:
Otero County Electric Education Foundation
ATTN: Kelley Sanders
PO Box 227
Cloudcroft, NM 88317-0227
For additional information, please contact
Kelley Sanders at (575) 682-7606 or email@example.com